The Mississippi State Port Authority is committed to supporting local community programs, initiatives, and activities that improve the quality of life in the communities that surround the Port. We recognize the importance of all community activities and events, but we must evaluate all requests in the context of the Port of Gulfport’s mission, promotional and development sponsorship priorities, and financial constraints. Only those requests that comply with the purpose of the Port of Gulfport and are within budgetary constraints and/or federal regulations will be considered. Groups that have signed on as “Partners of the Port” will receive preference.
Sponsorships are given only to qualified Federal Tax-exempt organizations
and are only given to organizations/events that are within the parameters described in
the categories below:
Environmental Awareness: The Port of Gulfport is committed to supporting groups in which their purpose is to promote environmental protection and stewardship aimed at air quality improvement, marsh creation, pollution prevention and remediation, storm-water management, sustainability, and waste reduction.
Economic/Workforce Development: The Port of Gulfport is committed to supporting economic and workforce development-related programs to help generate and support commerce for the Port of Gulfport.
Community Outreach: The Port of Gulfport is committed to supporting community-based activities and programs that promote the general welfare of the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Educational/ Cultural Events: The Port of Gulfport is committed to supporting educational/cultural- based events that help educate the local community and provide opportunities to promote the Port of Gulfport.
Port policy, budget limitations and/or federal regulations prevent the Port of Gulfport
from providing sponsorship or support to:
- Political, sectarian, fraternal or religious organizations
- Sporting events or athletic teams
- Conferences, pageants or fashion shows
- Expeditions or trips by individuals or groups
- Film or television productions
- Organizations or projects focused outside the US
- All sponsorship request must be received at least six (6) weeks prior to the event/activity in order to be considered.
- All sponsorship request must be accompanied by the Port of Gulfport’s Sponsorship Application and additional materials are indicated at the bottom of the application.
- Requests will be evaluated to determine whether they fall within the sponsorship priorities of the Port of Gulfport, and the budget guidelines adopted by the Port.
- Once the application has been reviewed, the Community Relations department will contact the requestor and provide a response in a timely manner.
- W-9 Form for payment purposes