Enjoy an informative and educational insider’s view of port operations and the Restoration Project with The Port of Gulfport Community Tours. Tours are open to the public, free of charge and reservations are not required. There are no age restrictions and families are invited to bring the little ones for an up-close look at the Gantry cranes and other eye-popping sights that are sure to amaze young minds.
Join Us For Our Next Community Tour:
The next Community Tour will be on Thursday, April 4, 2019 from 4:00pm – 6:00pm, with the last bus leaving at 5:30pm. Tours will depart from in front of the Hancock Whitney Plaza at 2510 14th Street in downtown Gulfport.
PORT TOUR FACTS
- Tours are conducted via charter bus and are handicap accessible.
- Tours are expected to last 30 minutes each. The first bus will leave at 4pm and the last bus will leave at 5:30pm.
- Tours are free to the public.
- All ages are welcome to attend and minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Reservations are not necessary. When you check-in you will be given a ticket to enter the bus.
Visit Downtown Gulfport
Downtown Gulfport is a thriving hub of entertainment, dining, culture, nightlife and entrepreneurial energy. Tour participants are encouraged to explore the district’s many amenities, including charming period architecture, historic landmarks and a vibrant mix of restaurants and retail establishments. Half Shell Oyster House, Tony’s Brick Oven Pizzeria, Port City Café, Murky Waters BBQ, and Shaggy’s Gulfport Beach are just a few of the top-rated local eateries located downtown. Stroll the art-filled courtyard of Fishbone Alley, sample a handcrafted popsicle from Pop Brothers, linger over a cup of joe at Coast Roast or PJ’s Coffee, experience the excitement of Island View Casino Resort, or picnic and play at Jones Park. One thing is certain — there’s always something new to discover and do in Downtown Gulfport.